Clive Efford has officially openend the Storkway Children’s Centre in Ridgebrook Road on the Page Estate.
The opening day gave parents the chance to meet with members of staff to find out more about the new services available to them. There were also a wide-range of activities for children to enjoy, including face painting, arts and crafts, a bouncy castle and a live band performance.
Services available at the Storkway Children’s Centre include:
- Kidbrooke Health Visitor Team – running a parenting programme of therapeutic play sessions, and Storkway Baby club providing weekly baby clinic and support services.
- Greenwich Local Labour and Business and Eltham Job Centre Plus – offering individual advice sessions and support on a range of issues on employment, training and benefits.
- Children’s Information Service – offering information and advice about childcare and services for children.
- Nursery provision at the centre includes 50 places available 51 weeks a year from 8am-6pm, Monday – Friday. Places are for children aged 0-5 years old.
- A specially equipped sensory room.
- A Toy Library Office, which offers weekly toy lending sessions
- Computer hot-desks and bookable meeting rooms.Speaking at the opening Clive said ““This Centre is a fantastic asset for the local community. Centre such as these will give children a better start in life and supporting parents with more help and information when they need it.”
The Storkway Children’s Centre is one of 16 centres that will be opened across the borough in 2006, with another seven centres being planned for opening by 2008.