Clive met with residents and council officers in Avery Hill in September for for his latest walkabout where local residents could directly show Clive any local concerns or problems.
These are the notes from that walkabout, with some addresses removed for reasons of confidentiality. Progress on all these issues will be checked at the next walkabout. If you have any local issues you would like Clive to look into then please email him at email@example.com.
Notes taken on Avery Hill Walkabout 12th September 2015
1. Location of Avery Hill Road bus stop Clive agrees with residents that the bus stop should be paced back at its orginal position where it is convenient for residents of the State and there is more room for a shelter and bench.
2. Corner of Croyde Close – people are parking too close to corner – needs yellow lines.
3. Mr Peiris, the GP at 296 Avery Hill Road SE9 2JL – pavement built out makes it difficult to turn in.
4. Bus stop outside 306/8 shelter and seat for elderly.
5. Concern was expressed about cycle safety on Avery Hill Road – with new parking bays built over cycle lane.
6. Shops in Bexley Road should be swept 2 x day. Needs new dog fouling signs.
7. Cars being sold by Avery Hill Road entrance are causing an o-obstruction.
8. Darland House – fence in front needs painting
9. Alderwood Road parking on grass – 17-35
10. Teynham House – entrance door too heavy for elderly residents
- Tiles not replaced with cement and some are missing
- Communal door to stairs not shutting on 2nd floor
- Wiring hanging down throughout the building
11. Ospringe Court – 31-39 overflow leak
- Door 21-30 not locking
- Tiles being removed in every block but not to all the way up to the ceiling
- Old cupboards are dangerous for young children now plaster has been cut back
- 1-10 Hole with water leak in front of block
- Lift shaft flooding
- Thames Water need to check for leaks
12. Wayfield Link
- Paving stones at rear entrance very dangerous