Clive has met with residents and Council officers in the Well Hall tower block and the neighbouring low-rise blocks to find a way forward on a number of issues. Below are notes giving details of some of the issues raised.
1. Mould/Damp, surveys have been carried out. Report due week beginning 13th October
2. Drainage surveys have been carried out, see attached report. De-clogging of internal drains needed.
3. Intercom system needs replacing,often breaks down – obsolete – parts hard to get.
4. We were not informed of the results regarding the Asbestos Survey carried out on 20th December 2013.
5. Will the internal decoration take place after the Major Work has been completed? Scheduled for next year.
6. Why have there been so many surveys all asking the same questions, isn’t this a waste of time and money?
7. Are the hallway lights going to be replaced with LED lights? May be included in Monday’s report.
8. The windows in the lobby by the lifts are broken and do not shut, this has been reported several times.
9. The dangerous tree root at Well Hall Road/Prince Rupert Road opposite Tesco still hasn’t been repaired.
10. Fire doors still not fitted to 395B or 397A.
11. Fire door by 381A – contractor claims it has been repaired properly – problems with closure.
12. No live-in caretaker; moved out three weeks ago. Roving team should be cleaning block – not being done.
13. Lifts and main entrance 1 x per day and landing 1 x per week
14. Low rise new doors due next year. Check progress.
15. Auto closer on gate – when will it be done?
16. Panel broken in fence at rear. Fence post needs replacing.