These are the notes from that walkabout, with some addresses removed for reasons of confidentiality. Progress on all these issues will be checked at the next walkabout. If you have any local issues you would like Clive to look into then please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Street Cleaning: Some parts of the Estate were very clean and well swept. As listed below, however, some streets did not seem to have been swept for some time.
2. Briset Park is in need of litter picking. Does not seem to have been done for some time. Is it being cleaned regularly enough?
3. Briset Park: the swing park equipment needs upgrading.
4. The access gate for the park in Shawbrooke is locked. Should this be open?
5. Will Crooks Gdns and Shawbrooke, litter needs removing from behind electricity substation
6. Shawbrooke Road not swept
7. Rail bridge on Shawbrooke has no mesh to prevent pigeons from roosting. Needs metal mesh like other bridges to protect pedestrians.
8. Knockhalt Road: hedge over hanging pavement near junction with Westhorne Avenue.
9. Pavement severely damaged by heavy lorry in Shawbrooke
10. Rubbish bags dumped in Messent near junction with Eltham Green Road
11. Street trees need cutting back in Messant near junction with Eltham Green Road.
12. Cars turning right from Jenken Road into Ealdham Square. Needs left turn only arrow on road surface.
13. The corner of Jenken and Eltham Green: Grass verge on edge of pavement has been churned up presumably by vehicles parking there. Needs bollards to prevent the problem continuing.
14. Lamp posts in Eltham Green Road need repainting. They are all badly peeling.
15. Eltham Green Road and Birdbrooke – pavement under railway needs sweeping broken glass on ground and an old door dumped.
16. The pathway between Birdbrooke and Will Crooks has the bases of the old street lamps still there. They have been highlighted at several walkabouts in the past and need to be removed.
17. Rubbish along embankment of the pathway behind the fence needs to be removed regularly.
18. Grass needs cutting on corner of Topley and Purneys.