There is a new planning application to turn the Dutch House pub in Mottingham Road, near the Horn Park Estate, into a drive-through McDonalds open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you would like to help save the Dutch House then email your objections to Jacob.email@example.com by the 28th October. It would be helpful if you could also send a copy of your email to me firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be kept up to date on Clive’s campaign, visit www.cliveefford.org.uk/savethedutchhouse and enter your details at the end of the page.
Clive has written to the Council to demand that this application is turned down. “The Dutch House is a vital community resource for the Horn Park Estate and further beyond. It is vital that we protect community pubs like the Dutch House and I am working hard with local residents to do all that I can to ensure that the pub is saved.”
McDonalds failed with a similar application last year after a strong campaign from Clive and the local community. “This new application is identical to the last one and I hope that it will be rejected again. There is already a McDonlads less than 1,500m away at the Yorkshire Grey so I can see no reason for them to apply to close another pub in this way.”
Guidance for making an objection to the application to turn the Dutch House into a McDonalds restaurant.
It is important to address only planning issues:
- Pub is a vital hub for local community and is now registered as an Asset of Community Value, giving it better protection.
- Impact on local health, with primary school only 500m from site. There is already a McDonalds restaurant at the Yorkshire Grey less than 1,500m away.
- The Dutch House is locally listed as of architectural interest
- Concern over traffic congestion and pedestrian safety crossing A20
- This is an identical application to the one the Council rejected in 2013.
- Loss of important community amenity for local events and clubs
Issues that cannot be considered as part of the planning process include: loss of view; loss of property value; or the character of an applicant
For more advice please contact me.
Clive Efford MP, 132 Westmount Road SE9 1UT 020 8850 5744 email@example.com